The APODC Scholarship was set up in 2006 to help Deaf and hearing impaired children and/or their families to achieve something that is important and relevant to them. The scholarship is for a maximum amount of $2,000 and is awarded only once a year.
What does the Scholarship cover?
The Scholarship can be awarded for a wide range of projects, so long as the project supports the purpose of APODC "to champion a better quality of life for Deaf and hearing impaired children". For example:
- Attendance at a training course
- Attendance at a conference or camp (local, national or international)
It does not cover purchase of equipment.
Who can apply?
The Scholarship is open to children who meet all of the following requirements:
- They are Deaf or have a degree of hearing impairment
- They have not yet left secondary school
- Their family is a current financial member of APODC and has been so for at least 2 years
Click here to download this year's Application Form.
The John & Betty Rose Scholarship
As a member of APODC, you can also apply for the John & Betty Rose Scholarship through NZ Federation for Deaf Children.